A visit to Northwoods Farm

No vacation is complete without a fiber souvenir. On our recent trip to South Carolina, my husband I visited Northwoods Farm Fiber Company. I knew that seeing just one Alpaca would make my day. I was not prepared for seeing 30+ Alpacas, meeting a wonderful group of knitters or bringing home a spinning wheel. What??

 
 
 
The farm has a wonderful shop. Full of a good variety of yarns and fiber. I chose a heavenly chocolate roving as my first souvenir. No one had to twist my arm for my second purchase: a new to me Louet spinning wheel. Julia is now my second wheel. I got it for less than half the retail price--with all the bobbins, lazy kate and about a pound of mystery yet soft as butter fiber. I am truly, madly in love with the wheel! 

Summer officially begun in the US. I will not let the heat stop me from spinning and knitting like there is no tomorrow. At least, that is my dream. What are your plans for the weekend?

Leave a Comment

  1. Congratulations on the new wheel! And the alpaca look so adorable! I am planning to finish my spinning WIPs this weekend in order to eventually clear off my bobbins for TdF :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nika! I thought about joining a team for TdF but I am not sure if I will be able to spin every day. Are you in any team?

      Delete
  2. Yay for a new wheel. I am sure you will put it to good use! Lovely farm and super sweet alpacas. I want to kiss all their faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andi! Spinning is a lot of fun; it is a good distraction for when knitting projects are a bit boring or in time-out.

      Delete