Inspiration...from groups to hashtags



There is not one day that I let go without checking Instagram and/or Flickr.  When & how I use Flickr vs Instagram?
  • Flickr for organization of my own photos (albums, sets, groups)
  • Instagram for the on the go inspiration (mobile / tablet)
  • Flickr for history as I find it easier to check prior activity than on Instagram
  • Instagram to connect with others
Favorite Flickr Groups
Favorite Instagram Hashtags
  • Spinning: #handspun, #igspinners, #spunday, #handspuntagram, #howispin
  • Knitting: #knitting, #sockdrawer, #operationsockdrawer, #knittersofinstragram
Can you recommend any other group or hashtag? And, if you are curious, the yarn above is my first Malabrigo ever. It is deep, deep stash. One day it will become an FO. Hopefully.



Leave a Comment

  1. oh man i didn't even consider looking at the #operationsockdrawer!
    i'm gonna go ahead and just do that for the next hour now thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the suggestions...I will definitely check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should...although you have to be careful, because Instagram may become an addiction. Have a great week Christine!

      Delete
  3. This year I'm really enjoying the #spin15in15 tag - spinning at least 15 minutes every day throughout the year. It's great for progress shots, and also really cool to see people learning to spin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good one to follow. Thanks for stopping by and your suggestion!

      Delete
  4. I'm an Instagram fan, but my boyfriend is a Flickr fan... both of them have their merits, but I love the community on IG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more on loving "the friends" on IG. You cannot imagine how my mind travels when I see pictures of other parts of the world. :-)

      Delete