FO: Gris de lin

Week one of Pre-kindergarten is gone. As we start week two, the tears are still present. I know this will pass but is still painful to see my baby having trouble adjusting to the new environment. As with other difficult times, knitting is my therapy. Having an FO makes everything better. 

This cowl is, in my humble opinion, adorable!

Mods & sanity checks:
  • Cast on 84 stitches as I used DK instead of the recommended fingering weight yarn
  • Placed a stitch maker after every 12 stitches
  • Put in a safe line after every pattern repeat (12 rows)


I would knit this pattern again in a blink. Perhaps modify it to be an infinite scarf!?!


Have a great week. Keep your wool close; stop to smell the roses.

Leave a Comment

  1. Sorry to hear it has been a tough start at pre school. It does get easier x
    the cowl is beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! Have a lovely week.

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I started one of these cowls and ended up frogging it, it wasn't a good yarn match. This inspires me to make another one. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! You should knit one; I would recommend a yarn with some "body" so it fits/drapes nicely on the neck.

      Delete
  3. I like the combination of yarn, colour and pattern. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really beautiful in it's simplicity, and looks like it would be just so easy to wear with anything! Lovely work ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! BTW- We met at Eat.Knit.Sleep when I drop off some preemie hats for charity. I've been a lurker at your blog since then :-)

      Delete
  5. Love the detail on the scarf!

    ReplyDelete