Carmine

This project was completed on November 2018. Back then I didn't know what eventful months laid ahead. Oh, 2019...never a dull moment. I am taking one day at a time. Going back to activities that bring me joy. Hello again sweet purls. I have missed you dearly. Thanks for waiting until I was ready to come back.

I purchased the Superwash Targhee from Highland Handmade. Sadly, it looks like they are out of business. The fiber was a joy to spin in my Turtle Made spindle.



I created several "singles turtles" (a hundred percent not sure that is a technical term) and offload then into my swift. Then, the singles were transferred into two bobbins and plied on my Louet Julia wheel. 




The yarn is about 11 wraps per inch or a DK weight, 290 yards. Possible patterns, in my library, to knit with this yarn: Pastella hat, Brick Sidewalk beanie (free on Ravelry) or the Hackberry hat.

Leave a Comment

  1. So very glad you are back. 2019 was not my favourite year either, but fingers crossed for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming back. Cheers to 2020!!

    ReplyDelete