Being in the right place at the perfect time

A few weeks ago we found ourselves on a mini vacation three hours north...more specifically: in Nashville, Tennessee. A great city that rarely disappoints in two areas that are utterly important for this family: food and crafts.


After checking in the hotel, we headed to the 12 South District. We ate at Burger Up with all the intention of stopping by Craft South with a full stomach.

Craft South is a beautiful place. From knitting to sewing to embroidery...the store carries a great supplies selection, all beautifully arranged. The staff is as friendly as the famous store owner, Ana Maria Horner, whom I I had the pleasure to meet and chat. What a beautiful, sweet and talented woman she is.

Already in cloud nine, I noticed that Natalie Chanin, from Alabama Chanin, was teaching a workshop right next to us. I have been following Ana Maria and Alabama Chanin's blogs for a long time. Their books are part of my small library. I am a fan; now more than ever.



My souvenirs are two skeins of Malabrigo Rastita in Mostaza and Quince & Co. Owl in Acacia.

Leave a Comment

  1. Beautiful souvenirs, sounds like you had a wonderful trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a short and sweet getaway. Hope you have a great week, Tahnee. Thanks for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. Nashville, a place I hope to visit one day. I'm glad to hear about Craft South. It looks like a necessary stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would enjoy the city. There is so much to see (and eat!). Have a great week Audry.

      Delete